Dictionaries, Glossaries & Encyclopedic Sources
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures (NIST)
- Math Reference Tables
- Prime Mathematics Encyclopedia
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)- Founded in 1888 to further mathematical research and scholarship, the American Mathematical Society fulfills its mission through programs and services that promote mathematical research and its uses, strengthen mathematical education, and foster awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and to everyday life.
- European Mathematical Society (EMS) - Develops all aspects of mathematics in European countries, especially in research and education.
- Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA) - is the professional and learned society for qualified and practising mathematicians. Its mission is to promote mathematics in industry, business, the public sector, education and research.
- Math Societies and Associations (Penn State) - List of international mathematics organizations
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA) - is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) - is a public voice of mathematics education, providing vision, leadership, and professional development to support teachers in ensuring mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students.
- Catalog of Mathematics Resources on the Web and Internet - Links to university department pages, history of math, mathematics education, and more
MathNet "The Ultimate Math Experience..." Directed to a younger audience, MathNet was created to: provide an audience of students, parents, and teachers online educational math content that help make teaching and learning mathematics more effective. By using the latest software and hardware technology, we are able to introduce math in a fun, creative, interactive, and of course, educational way.
Comprehensive Web Sites
- Cornell University Mathemathics Library - Good resource for math links
- AMS Math on the Web - Megasite serving as a portal to math content on the web. Check the "Materials Organized by Mathematical Topics" section.
- Math, Statistics, and Computational Science Hosted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, this site provides information about activities and services at NIST related to applied mathematics, statistics, and computational science.
- MathWorld - is a comprehensive and interactive mathematics encyclopedia intended for students, educators, math enthusiasts, and researchers.
- NSDL Home > Browse > Browse By Topic > Mathematics - "NSDL is the Nation's FREE online library for education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics".
Mathematics Search Engines
- EULER - A search engine/portal to all mathematics content on the internet. Locate journal articles, books, preprint servers, technical reports, and guides to mathematics content on the web.
- Google Scholar Advanced Search allows limiting searches to "Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics". Axe Library's "Article Linker" allows you to go from Google Scholar results to the full text of an article in many cases.
- MathSearch - Australian mega site to over 200,000 sites aimed at university level math.
- Electronic Library of Mathematics - Mathematical Journals - Electronic journals with free access. Provided by the European Mathematical Society
Elecronic Resource Archive for Mathematics (ERAM) - Covers periodical publications from 1868-1942.
Technical & Government Reports
Science Accelerator - combines three resources: The Department of Energy's Information Bridge of full text documents, The EPrint Network containing preprints in all science areas, and the Science Conference Proceedings, providing access to proceedings from over 20 science associations, some full text and some abstract only.
Career & Job Information
- American Mathematical Society - Careers and Employment
- Axe Library > Databases by Subject > College Catalogs & Careers
- Mathematical Sciences Career Information - Explore mathematician profiles or mathematics applications to learn what a mathematician does and how math is used.
SIAM Report on Mathematics in Industry - explores the 'non academic' uses of mathematicians.
- arXiv.org E-print server - Open access to over 350,000 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology.
- Directory of Preprint and E-Print Servers - American Mathematical Society's extensive list of umbrella, special subject, and institute and department servers hosting open access to papers and reports
- E-Print Network > Mathematics - U. S. Department of Energy, Office of Scientific & Technical Information (OSTI).
- Institute for Mathematical Science Preprint Server
- Mathematical Statistical Preprints - hosted by Chalmers University of Technology, Goteberg University
- Mathematics ArXiv - U.C. Davis overlay of the ArXiv preprints. ArXiv is also hosted at the Los Alamos National Laboratory site.
- Mathematics Preprint Search System - Contains citations and some links to full text. Includes some European servers