Search Axe reference works using the
"Reference Sources" tab above.
Dictionaries, Glossaries & Encyclopedic Sources
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures (NIST)
- Math Reference Tables
- Prime Mathematics Encyclopedia
- Catalog of Mathematics Resources on the Web and Internet - Links to university department pages, history of math, mathematics education, and more
MathNet "The Ultimate Math Experience..." Directed to a younger audience, MathNet was created to: provide an audience of students, parents, and teachers online educational math content that help make teaching and learning mathematics more effective. By using the latest software and hardware technology, we are able to introduce math in a fun, creative, interactive, and of course, educational way.
Comprehensive Web Sites
- Cornell University Mathemathics Library - Good resource for math links
- AMS Math on the Web - Megasite serving as a portal to math content on the web. Check the "Materials Organized by Mathematical Topics" section.
- Math, Statistics, and Computational Science Hosted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, this site provides information about activities and services at NIST related to applied mathematics, statistics, and computational science.
- MathWorld - is a comprehensive and interactive mathematics encyclopedia intended for students, educators, math enthusiasts, and researchers.
- NSDL Home > Browse > Browse By Topic > Mathematics - "NSDL is the Nation's FREE online library for education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics".
Mathematics Search Engines
- EULER - A search engine/portal to all mathematics content on the internet. Locate journal articles, books, preprint servers, technical reports, and guides to mathematics content on the web.
- Google Scholar Advanced Search allows limiting searches to "Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics". Axe Library's "Article Linker" allows you to go from Google Scholar results to the full text of an article in many cases.
- MathSearch - Australian mega site to over 200,000 sites aimed at university level math.
- Electronic Library of Mathematics - Mathematical Journals - Electronic journals with free access. Provided by the European Mathematical Society
Elecronic Resource Archive for Mathematics (ERAM) - Covers periodical publications from 1868-1942.
Technical & Government Reports
Science Accelerator - combines three resources: The Department of Energy's Information Bridge of full text documents, The EPrint Network containing preprints in all science areas, and the Science Conference Proceedings, providing access to proceedings from over 20 science associations, some full text and some abstract only.
Career & Job Information
- American Mathematical Society - Careers and Employment
- Axe Library > Databases by Subject > College Catalogs & Careers
- Mathematical Sciences Career Information - Explore mathematician profiles or mathematics applications to learn what a mathematician does and how math is used.
SIAM Report on Mathematics in Industry - explores the 'non academic' uses of mathematicians.
- arXiv.org E-print server - Open access to over 350,000 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitative Biology.
- Directory of Preprint and E-Print Servers - American Mathematical Society's extensive list of umbrella, special subject, and institute and department servers hosting open access to papers and reports
- E-Print Network > Mathematics - U. S. Department of Energy, Office of Scientific & Technical Information (OSTI).
- Institute for Mathematical Science Preprint Server
- Mathematical Statistical Preprints - hosted by Chalmers University of Technology, Goteberg University
- Mathematics ArXiv - U.C. Davis overlay of the ArXiv preprints. ArXiv is also hosted at the Los Alamos National Laboratory site.
- Mathematics Preprint Search System - Contains citations and some links to full text. Includes some European servers