Psychology and Counseling
Search Axe reference works using the
"Reference Sources" tab above.
Dictionaries, Glossaries & Encyclopedic Sources
- Glossary of Psychological Terms (APA Online)
- American Psychological Association (APA) - Information about conferences, the latest news on research, information on psychological disorders, continuing education courses, career assistance, a Help Center for patients and links to affiliate organizations.
- Kansas Psychological Association (KPA) - Information about continuing education, legislation, licensure in the state of Kansas, history of KPA and links to important affiliates
- Kansas Association of School Psychologists (KASP) - Links to conferences, job openings, grants and awards, etc.
- American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) - Links to jobs, conferences, educational programs and news of interest to psychoanalysts and the public at large.
- American Psychological Society (APS) - Membership organization of academic and research psychologists. Society's mission is to promote, protect, and advance the interests of scientifically oriented psychology in research, application, teaching, and the improvement of human welfare. Links to psychology departments in universities around the world, conferences and funding opportunities.
Comprehensive Web Sites
- The Seaox Psychology and Mental Health Internet Links Page - Links to specialized institutes and associations, information networks on specific disorders, and information resources for psychologists and the general public.
- Internet Mental Health - Information on specific disorders, medications, self-diagnosis, self-help and research.
- Mental Help Net - A source of online mental health information, news and resources for professionals and laypeople. Information on specific disorders and self-help for the general public and on jobs, continuing education and licensure for the practitioner.
- Health Guide for Health Related Internet Resources: Mental Health - From the United Kingdom. Links to research institutes and foundations, self help groups, organizations dedicated to specific disorders and many other sources of information. For the practitioner and the general public.
- Dr. Grohol's Psych Central - Links to articles (both for the professional and layperson), web sites, discussion groups, book reviews, support groups and many other resources related to mental health.
Enpsychlopedia - Online dictionary, encyclopedia and web directory. Allows searcher to locate definitions, overviews, support groups, treatments and descriptions of symptoms of mental disorders.
- Online Journals ( Psychology) - From Tennessee State University. Partial contents of scholarly journals which provide selected issues on the internet free of charge.
FreeMedicalJournals.com - Free access to selected journals from many biomedical disciplines, including neuroscience, development and allied health.
Government Web Sites
- United States Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) - Information on diseases, safety and wellness, disaster preparedness, government entitlements (eg, Medicare), grants and other aspects of public health.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) - one of 27 components of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), [NIMH is] the Federal government's principal biomedical and behavioral research agency... [NIMH's] mission is to reduce the burden of mental illness and behavioral disorders through research on mind, brain, and behavior. NIMH conducts and supports research and trains behavioral scientists. Web page includes information on mental disorders for the general public.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Government funded medical research center. Also supports independent research and medical libraries, including the National Library of Medicine.
Career & Job Information
- Social Psychology Network (SPN) - Geared toward the social psychologist. Links to information on jobs, education, career development, affiliated organizations, conferences and other important links.
- Psychologistjobs.com - Affiliated with the Health Care Job Store. Includes job listings, resume assistance, employer profiles, and employee recruiters.
- PsycCareers - Affiliated with APA. Includes job listings, resume assistance and job search advice